Saturday, January 22, 2011

My New Friend

Awhile back, I had a friend who would go to the movies with me almost every Tuesday night. She moved away and I really miss not going. I have tried to talk other friends and my husband into going regularly, but it has not worked out with any consistency. Each week when I go to the market, I see people standing in line to rent videos from Red Box for only $1.00. I finally looked into it online this week and I love it!!! I pick the movie while in front of my computer, it charges my credit card, I go down and pick it up and return it when we are finishing watching it. In the last three nights, we have rented three movies: "The Social Network", "The Kids Are Alright" & "The Town". That's a ton of entertainment for only $3.00!!! My husband has actually enjoyed watching them with me and I have enjoyed him not channel surfing for a couple of hours. Everybody wins and it's only a dollar!!
Anybody have any suggestions for a rental? Nothing scary or too disturbing. I want to be entertained, not see if it makes me almost pee my pants!

1 comment:

  1. We got Netflix over a year ago, and I'd consider letting it go for this except for two things. 1. The online rating system has been excellent for making new suggestions for us of things we never would have thought of based on what we like. 2. For Christmas we got a $99 AppleTV. OMgoodness!! We love it and now 3 of other friends love theirs too. We share photos and music on our TV, and can watch on demand (part of the $10 Netflix monthly svs) so many older movies, documentaries, etc while we wait for the newest ones to arrive in the mail.

    To answer your question, here are a few we've really enjoyed recently. My criteria is I watch for entertainment, not to be stressed out or scared - who needs to pay for that stuff?
    * Date Night, Invictus, It's Complicated, Secondhand Lions.

    ReplyDelete