Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gifts

I am lucky enough to have a friend who is both talented and generous. When she gets behind a sewing machine, there is no telling what beautiful creation will emerge. Her quilts are works of art and, if you are one of the delighted recipients of one, it will be a treasure for years to come. Being born on Flag Dag, my red white and blue quilt for my 50th, complete with photos and quotes from all my friends, is one of my favorite things.
Last night she brought over this darling Valentine decoration that you see in the picture. The detail on each heart is stunning. When you complement her work, she shrugs it off. None of us are very good at taking in kind words and yet, the criticism flung at us, sticks like glue! Being the eternal sales and marketing person, I am always after her to make things for money. They would be hot sellers at the boutiques, I tell her. She says that takes the joy out of it and she refuses to do it.
Be jealous of my darling Valentine decoration. Be even more jealous of my friendship with this beautiful woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment