Thursday, January 20, 2011

Late to the Party

OK, so I am very late to this party. I have been seeing TOMS shoes everywhere and reading about the company and how they give a free pair of shoes to needy kids for every pair they sell. I finally ordered myself a pair and here they are. They just might be the most comfortable pair of shoes I have even owned and, if you know me, that says a lot. At any given time, there are probably over 100 pairs of shoes in my closet! Cinderella was right..."The right pair of shoes can change your life!" ~ even if just for a while.
My friend said it perfectly when she deemed the TOMS style as an updated espadrille from long ago. As I get older, I find less and less heels in the closet and more and more ballet flats. Just because they are low doesn't mean they can't be stylish!
I love these tan burlap ones and think they will come in handy a lot during the spring. A word of advice if you decide to buy some - they run a little big and they stretch. I have been wearing a 9.5 lately (maybe the all the running) and ordered that size. When they arrived, I couldn't wait to try them on and was terribly disappointed that I could practically walk right out of them. I sent them back and had a replacement pair of nines in less than a week! The company is not only philanthropic, but also extremely efficient.
Can't wait to order my next pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment