Tuesday, August 17, 2010

What's Wrong Now?

I used to really hate when my husband asked me this question, "What's wrong now?" It implied that there was always something wrong and it really irked me. I tend to worry about everything and think up all the "what ifs" and potential disasters that might befall us.
There was a study done many years ago by a scientist that logged in everything he worried about for one year. At the end of that time, he analyzed his data and discovered that 98% of the things he had worried about did not come to pass. His conclusion, of course, was what a waste of energy he spent worrying during that year.
Logically, we can all learn from this study and try to model our lives on a less stressful, less worry plan. Emotionally, this is easier said than done. Worry is a part of all of us, some more than others. To expect a worry-free life is ridiculous, in my opinion. Whether you are worrying if your kids will be liked in school and do well, to worrying about your health as you age, worry is there. The trick is to keep it at a manageable level and not an overwhelming one; an occasional itch and not a full blown rash. Again, easier said than done, but I'll keep working on it. Now I'm worried I won't be about to reduce my worry level

No comments:

Post a Comment