Sunday, August 1, 2010

Recipe-aholic

"Hi, my name is Susan and I'm a recipe-aholic." I admit it, I love to read cookbooks. I love finding new recipes in magazines and ripping them out. They get posted on the side of my refrigerator on a clip and occasionally, when I am sick of making the same seven things every week, I comb through them trying to uncover a new gem. My family is an innocent party to my disease. They have been forced to try many new recipes over the years; some have been hits and some have been serious misses. Rarely have they complained. My husband, especially, will eat just about anything. His worst comment has been, "Let's not have this real often." That is translated to, "Bleck! This tastes like poo."
My intentions to try new things are larger than the actual cooking of these new dishes. Now I have to consider "the kid factor". Will the babies eat this or will I have to make dinosaur chicken on the side for them? Sometimes, the effort doesn't seem worth the trouble. I do what most women have done for ages, stick to the tried and true things that you know they will eat. It's just SO BORING!!! I mean, listen to this..."zucchini-wrapped pork", "mexican beef & black bean soup", "shrimp and asparagus risotto", "farfalle with pesto, goat cheese and grape tomatoes". Do you want me to keep reading or are you too hungry?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment