Monday, August 2, 2010

Fall Trends

My love of shoes is a pretty well known fact. I have owned quite a few pairs (understatement!) in my life. Back in the day, I was considered pretty fashionable and well dressed. Reading the latest magazines kept me informed of the latest trends and fashions. Granted, four inch heels have been replaced with cute ballet flats more and more these days, but I still like to think I am aware of the latest trends, etc. (P.S. No one looks good in those stupid gladiator sandals!!)
When I came across this photo is a magazine last night, I did a double take. Are you kidding me? Do they actually think that summer, strappy sandals and chunky, ribbed socks will catch and and be the new fall look?! At first, I thought it was a joke until I read further and realized they were saying how, "fun", "cute" and "practical" this look was! You don't have to put away your favorite summer shoes, just match them with your winter socks in coordinating colors! If this is the latest and greatest for fall, I better turn in my fashion card because I am obviously over the hill and no longer able to follow the latest trend. I can only imagine the stares you would get wearing this get up to the market, or anywhere for that matter!
And, I don't know about you, but plenty of my socks have a little hole in the toe. Can you imagine
pairing those up with a sexy sandal? Now THAT'S fashion!!!

1 comment: