Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Kind Words

Some may not know this, but I work part time in a coffee shop ~ THE coffee shop known around the world! Lousy pay but excellent benefits and I get to interact with so many people and often their stories are laid before me in our short time together. One day, a mother and daughter came in and I noticed that the daughter, probably high school age, had on a head scarf and was clearly bald underneath. I assumed “chemo bald”.  As I took their order, the young girl slowly removed her scarf, all the while staring right at me. I continued to take their order, not missing a beat, but as they walked away, I looked at the girl and said, “By the way, you look beautiful. Your head has a perfect shape.” She smiled sheepishly and giggled a little. Her mother said, “I have told her the same thing since she was born, she has always had a perfectly shaped head.” They went off to wait for their order to be called and I continued with my line of customers. A few minutes later, I looked up to see the mother staring at me and when our eyes met, she silently mouthed, “Thank you!” I smiled and nodded ever so slightly. No need to thank me. I felt blessed to have this small interaction with them. Both of them remained on my mind the rest of the day. I was struck with the simple fact that a kind word to someone, even a stranger, can make their entire day better. It cost me nothing, but the return is priceless – for both of us!
What kind word will you offer someone today?

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Very good post and useful information. I was looking assignment writing services for a very long time. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brought tears to my eyes! JO

    ReplyDelete