Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Feet

 My dogs were barking after the half marathon on Sunday, so I treated myself to a fancy pedicure. This photo only proves, no matter how you paint them, they are still ugly feet!! Bones stick out that never did before. There are red spots and aches and pains. I think I broke my toe climbing Mt. Whitney over a year and a half ago and it never has straightened out since! All in all, they won't be calling any time soon to ask me to be a foot model!
Anybody who knows me, knows I am a data person. I can't help it. I like to know the numbers, the breakdown, the facts. After looking at these ghastly feet, I had to know how many miles I had put on them over the last five years of running races. Now, this is not my daily runs, this is ONLY races. I have run in twenty four 5Ks, two 8Ks, six 10Ks, two 15Ks, one Ragnar relay and twenty half marathons. That adds up to 1,090.2 miles of races! No wonder these feet look like they do!! They have earned every bend, gash and lump. They have served me well and I hope continue to do so in the future.
My heart wants to run...and run.....and run.  Thank you feet for helping me feel happy.

1 comment: