Saturday, January 31, 2015

Daredevil

 Our Abbey had a belated birthday party at a place called Sender One. It is climbing facility that has all kinds of, well, climbing opportunities. She was in heaven! I, on the other had, nearly broke out in hives as it made me recall my permanently scarring episode of climbing Mt. Whitney back it 2013. Even a year and a half later, it still makes me shudder to remember the longest 21 hours of my life!
 Even if this type of "fun" is not for me, watching her climb and challenge herself, and try new things, made me realize that that is a good analogy for life. Everyone can stay on the ground. Everyone can play it safe. Everyone can do the same old thing, day after day. There is comfort in knowing what to expect. But, here's the thing about life. Even if you "play it safe", things happen that you don't expect. People get sick. Jobs are lost or changed. People hurt your feelings. Roofs leak. Kids misbehave. No one is exempt from the changes and challenges this world puts before us.
You can't hide under a rock, so you may as well climb!

No comments:

Post a Comment