Thursday, July 24, 2014

Pay Attention

If you ever want monosyllable answers, ask a child what they learned in school that day! My kids often said, "Nothing!" A lifelong lover of learning, it was frustrating for me to hear them say nothing. Sure, some days at school are less interesting and exciting than others, but there should be something you take away from it.
In the "school of life", in which we are all students, I hope that we can still learn something each day. I find people all around us offer lessons, if, as the sign says, we only pay attention.
Today, I asked the sales clerk how her day was going and she seemed surprised that I cared enough to ask. I learned that little things like that still matter.
Today, I learned that smiling at another human causes them to smile back at you...mostly. It is a cost free pick me up.
Today, I continued my lesson to listen more and talk less. Yes, this is a tough one for me.
How about you? Learn anything today? Were you paying attention?
Good thing we get another chance tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment