Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Invisible Me

At what age does a woman feel invisible when she walks into a room?........50!!! It was the number one answer in a study done on the subject.
I watch this phenomenon all the time. Men, at most any age, want younger, supple, dare I say "moist" girls. As we age, the field grows narrower and narrower. We are overlooked, not noticed. Men, at any age, smile and try their best to get the attention of the pretty, young girl. Year ago, in my prime I might say, I recall walking down the mall with my much younger sister and watching all the young (and old) men try and catch her attention. I was invisible next to her. Then, time went by and I was walking down the same mall aisle next to my beautiful, blond daughter, and guess what? Once again, I was invisible next to her!
Today, I am about to witness this phenomenon with my two beautiful granddaughters, the next generation to get the attention for their beauty and youthfulness.
As my looks fade and age truly sets in, I have replaced my supple self with a witty and joke cracking self. I am still smart and quick witted. I may not be able to match bodies, but I can sure match brains.
Take that, you younger girls!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment