Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gulp! Mt. Whitney!

It was one of those "Gulp! Am I excited or terrified that this is happening?" moments. Mark, Sean and a group of guys are climbing Mt. Whitney in August (highest point in the continental United States). My brother-in-law got a hair-brained idea that it would be so cool if he & I and a couple of other people climbed the mountain IN ONE DAY and met them at the summit, then turned around, and climbed down...all in the SAME DAY!!! It's very difficult to get the permit for the day. Many apply and few are chosen. I figured we would be denied, so why not? I could say, "Oh, honey, we tried and just didn't get in!"
To stack the odds a little, both Kevin and I applied. On Saturday morning, I received his forwarded email..".Unsuccessful in your lottery request". Oh, too bad. Not meant to be and all that jazz. But, wait, two emails down is one sent to ME and it's title is CONGRATULATIONS!! Your lottery request is granted for the date you have chosen. Ummm......yea!!
Now, I have to start training. I may even need to buy hiking boots. Be careful what you wish for as it may come true!!!

1 comment:

  1. Brother-in-law KevinMarch 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM

    Hair-brained might be giving me to much credit. More like crazy or stupid idea. I bet when all is said and done, you will thank me and say that was the most amazing thing you have ever done. I'm just worried that a half marathon won't be enough after this. Mt. Whitney here we come!!!!!

    ReplyDelete