Monday, April 16, 2012

Gratitude...Again!


"Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don't."
Gratitude was the word I chose this year to focus on more than ever. Actually, I have lost sight of this word more often than I care to admit in the last 3.5 months. It is just easier to worry, bitch and complain about what isn't, rather than acknowledge what is good in life. Rather than beating myself up for my lack of gratitude, I have decided to, once again, focus on the things for which I am grateful.
The one thing that has been ever present for me is my health. I have always been a very hearty person who has said, "I don't have time to be sick." This is partly my doing and partly just plain luck. I exercise and have never smoked. I try and keep my weight within a reasonable range. These things I can control. On the flip side, sometimes people with healthy habits become sick, either with small colds and flu or with big things like cancer. This is the luck part, I guess. I have never considered myself lucky, per se, as I rarely win a raffle prize or when I gamble in Las Vegas. However, I seem, so far, to have hit the health jackpot and for this I am very grateful. Most days I hardly acknowledge that all my body parts are working fine and I can go, go, go at the speed I choose.
Today, on this Monday in April, I am focused on the fact that I am blessed with health & I feel gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment