Sunday, April 15, 2012

Full Disclosure


I am rarely, if ever, a quitter, but, in this case, I QUIT!!! See, I have naturally curly hair ~ very curly hair as you can see from this photo. This is me after simply drying my hair with a diffuser. It is , as I said, curly!!
I have painstakingly blown my hair straight to keep with the current trend. It does look nice when it is sleek and smooth, but I can never get it as perfect as it looks when I walk out of the salon (bless you, Nancy!) and it often comes out looking kind of frizzy and over processed on the ends.
I have decided to quit trying to mess with Mother Nature. I am going to let it be wild and curly for a little while. I am going to let it be a little natural and free. I am an aging hippie, I guess! I think I am going to find at least an extra half an hour per day that I would have spent carefully drying my hair with a round brush. What will I do with that time?? Maybe take the dog for an additional walk!! Now that's time well spent...and she couldn't care less how my hair looks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment