Friday, February 17, 2012

Green Ideas

I know the calendar still says February, but I have put away my Valentine decorations and have begun thinking about St. Patrick's Day. Of all my decorations, this holiday is definitely the most paltry. I vowed to add some things to the collection this year. Anything green around my house may be a possible inclusion in my ideas.
I saw a really fun idea on Pintrest and decided to make something similar. First, I sat down and had to drink a bottle of wine because I needed the bottle. We must sacrifice for art! Soaking the bottle in hot water, the label easily came off.

I bought letters on clearance at Michaels for five cents each! What a deal...or should I say, "How lucky!" A little glue, a little paint, some wire & plastic shamrocks and I was on my way.


Here's the project in progress.

And here's the finished product. I think it is really festive and looks great on the dining room table. They say when decorating, you should always group things in threes, so I am off to empty a couple of more bottles...for the sake of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment