Sunday, December 11, 2011

Santa Hat Party Mix

When I saw this idea, I KNEW I had to make some of this darling Santa Party Mix. It starts with the traditional mix of items, but the addition of the Santa hats makes it extra special.

Start with a package of Bugles. You can use original, but I found caramel and thought that would make a tasty addition.


Melt red chocolate. I used the Wilton melting chips that I use when I teach a chocolate class. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to make it creamy and easy to use. Coat each bugle with chocolate and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill to harden.
When they are set, dip just the bottom back into the melted chocolate and then dip in tiny white nonpareils. Dip the other end (the tip) in the chocolate and push a mini marshmallow on it. Place back on cookie sheet and chill again.
Meanwhile, mix this up:
Feel free to play around with the additions and make it your own!
3 cups mini pretzels
1/2 cup craisins
1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts (I omitted these as we have allergies in the family)
2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups holiday colored M&M’s
8 oz. white chocolate for melting
Spread all your ingredients, EXCEPT M&M’s, out on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
Melt your white chocolate according to package directions and drizzle over the pretzel mix.

After chilling, I carefully broke it apart into bite size pieces. Add the M &M's and the Santa hats and you have a darling, tasty hostess gift.
Presentation is everything so put the mix in a cute container. Make sure that some of the Santa hats show up so everyone can oooh and ahhhh when you give it to them. Then, all you have to do is bask in the compliments!!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute......but I would kill anyone who ate the the pretty things!

    ReplyDelete