Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post Christmas Letdown

OK, I promise not to be one of those people that always talk about their dog, but I had to comment about Christmas. It was, once again, a really lovely day filled with happy children, loads of wrapping paper, good food and laughs. Generally, hard as I try not to, I always seem to get a dark cloud over my head mid afternoon of Christmas Day that I just can't shake. I think it is all the build up for months and then, poof, it's over! The letdown is palatable. Well, I am happy to report, it didn't happen this year!! I think it is all due to Callie's arrival. She's the gift that keeps on giving. So far, she has been nothing but a perfectly sweet dog. She has slept in her crate since the first night without so much as a whimper. She loves to follow me through the house and just hang out with me. I find myself laughing more than usual watching her antics. My husband calls her "the hound", but I notice it is with more affection in his voice than annoyance. The kids, especially Maddy, are completely in love with her.
It's amazing that something so small can have such a big impact on so many people!

No comments:

Post a Comment