Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Run, Baby, Run

"I'm a runner, this I know, because the Nike wall tells me so!"
Sunday was the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco. It is the second time I have run this race. In all honesty, it totally kicked my butt this year! My time was not that great, the hills about killed me and it was so crowded (22,000 runners) that it felt like the 5 freeway at times. That being said ~ I RAN 13.1 MILES!!!!! I told my girlfriend who went with me as moral support that I always feel much better saying "I run." rather than "I am a runner." I don't want to claim something I am not or boast about something that still feels so difficult sometimes. I know I have gotten better in the last two years. I run longer, I (occasionally) run faster, I rarely feel winded, but I still do not take it for granted. I love being great at things and this is something that often feels like a too tight headband or an ill-fitting bra instead of great. That being said ~ I RAN 13.1 MILES!!!! I need to bask in the moment and allow myself to feel good...if only for a moment or two.
I am a runner!! (The Nike wall in Union Square says so!!)

2 comments:

  1. and I am soooooooooo impressed! Congratulations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock!!!! MANY people (including myself) cannot say that they have accomplished what you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete