Saturday, October 1, 2011

Inspiration


Today was Soccer Saturday and I attended both grand kid's games. Although the calendar reads October 1st, nobody told Mother Nature to tone it down a little and the temps were in the high 80s. Blah ~ no feeling of fall in sight! Seeking refuge under a tree to find any spot of shade, I sat and watched the game. While sitting there, I looked around and noticed many, tiny fallen twigs on the ground. That's all it took for inspiration to hit me! I gathered them up and held them tightly, knowing exactly what I was going to do with them when I got home.
A little ribbon, a silk leaf and flower and my ever-ready glue gun and ~ PRESTO! ~ a place card setting is born. I can see them all adorning the Thanksgiving table now. Who knew soccer could be so inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment