Friday, August 19, 2011

Feet

Your feet will bring you to where your heart is.
I have always loved baby feet. Now, I know I am stretching it a bit to call these "baby" feet, as the owner is three and a half and, when you call her a baby, you are sure to get the stink eye look from her! Why can't they understand they will always be my babies??
Feet...not thought about much unless they hurt and usually not very pretty on most, even with a pedicure, are an important reminder to consider the small stuff in life. Thinking about the big picture can be daunting sometimes and immobilize us to do nothing. Breaking things down into smaller steps to make changes allows us the idea that we can do what needs to be done, one step at a time. People ask how I run 13.1 miles and I always answer, I just put one foot in front of the other and keep going. Thinking about the entire race can seem like an impossible goal, but keeping myself moving just until the next tree or the next turn breaks it down into small, doable pieces. I need to apply this theory to my life as well. Some days, some weeks, heck, some years are hard. The trick is to keep moving...moving ahead, moving on, moving forward. It also doesn't hurt to have some sweet baby feet to tickle now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment