Thursday, July 22, 2010

Too Much?

I have come to love Facebook and the ability to communicate with loads of people with whom you might not otherwise stay in touch. It is fun to see pics of their kids or grand kids, hear about where they are going on vacation, etc. When is it too much or, as the young people have coined, TMI??? Do we need play by play of people's lives? "I am in Target." "I can't sleep & it's 3am." "I wonder what this rash is..."
My husband often accuses me of not having any filters before I speak as I tend to blurt out what is on my mind. On Facebook, I try and exercise a little more restraint. It its clear to me that many people don't use any filters when it comes to the open ended question, "What's on your mind?" People must feel a certain amount of false security sitting in front of their computer instead of an actual human being. We have become a people who better communicate when not in person; just ask the person who texts someone sitting in the same room! Progress brings the good, the bad & the ugly. And by the way, I still don't know what that rash was...

No comments:

Post a Comment