Monday, December 22, 2014

Birthday Girl

 Three years ago today, we adopted Callie Girl. She demands at least two, if not three walks per day. If I am tired and unwilling, she will tug at my arm, cry, and not stop until I get her leash. She sits behind me on my office chair, barely leaving room for my rear end. She follows me from room to room. She is sometimes not friendly to new people. Much like a baby, she needs to be fed and have her poop cleaned up. All this sounds like work and, yet, I love her so much. Just petting her has a calming affect when I am upset. She makes me smile and often laugh out loud. The kids adore her and she puts up with them carting her around all the time. She is a part of our family now and I can't imagine her not being with us. The vet said he marks a dog's age in thirds. The first third of their life, the second third and the last third. He said Callie is in her middle third. I guess we can grow old together.
It bears the question....Who rescued who??
Happy Birthday, Callie! And many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment