Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Thank You, Redbox

Summer camps are over and school is still several weeks away. While the pool is always a great attraction/distraction, I thought we'd do something different today. I told the trio they could each choose a movie from Redbox and we'd have a movie marathon afternoon. The selections were as diverse as they are! Jack, the sensitive thinker chose "Heaven is for Real". Maddy, the always up for an adventure girl, chose "Tarzan" and Abbey, my, shall we say, challenging, mischievous, won't take no for an answer girl chose "Babysitters Beware". Tears, laughs and hold your breath fear were all found in our TV room today. We had a discussion about heaven being real, could you really be raised by apes and being naughty for babysitters. Talk about a broad spectrum of subjects!! These three keep me on my toes with their questions and opinions and I try hard to let them discuss anything.
What's a movie without candy? A trip to Walgreens was in order before we headed home with the movies. I let them go a little overboard with their choices. I am even letting them have a soda with their candy. We might call it lunch!!! Don't tell their mom!!! It's perfectly legal. It is in my Grammie handbook.....page 142...under the title "Creating Memories". No kid ever said, "Remember when we had sandwiches for lunch with Grammie?" Now candy and soda and three movies in one day....that's creating memories!!
All this for a total of $10.75!!! I call it a GREAT day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment