Saturday, August 23, 2014

Drug of Choice

BENEFITS:
  • accomplishment ~ yes! I did it!
  • stamina ~ I went this long. Can I go longer or faster?
  • prevents disease ~ proven!
  • relieves stress ~ better choice when you want to scream at someone!
  • weight loss ~ nice tush!
  • live longer  ~ and not just sitting there drooling on yourself!
  • do it anywhere ~ no expensive gym membership required!
  • permission to eat more carbs ~ who doesn't love that pasta dinner?
SIDE EFFECTS:
  • stinky and in need of additional showers
  • annoying habit of discussing running with people ad nauseam
  • less time for other things because you'd rather run
  • occasional bumps and bruises, aches and pains   
 I silently say a prayer of thanks on every run, every day, grateful that I have the ability and desire to continue to do this.
I can live with the side effect! Great drug! Get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment