Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sew with Jo

 Evangelical is defined as:  "marked by ardent or zealous enthusiasm for a cause". My friend, JoEllen, is truly an evangelical! Her cause? SEWING!!! It is not enough that she is a creative, expert quilter and seamstress, she wants everyone to take up this hobby. She LOVES to teach sewing to others and my two granddaughters we lucky enough to be her students yesterday. She decided that making pajama pants was the perfect first project. She had done a little work ahead of time and had cut out their pants and got the project prepped. She is a big proponent of creating success for her "students" so she has things ready for them to make an entire project in one sitting.
Abbey, only six, is a great listener when something is explained. She understood everything JoEllen explained about the machine and refused my help (as if I could help much!!) I love this photo of those tiny fingers guiding the fabric. She chose monkey soccer material and it was adorable.
 She also made a panda headband from scraps and wore it until bedtime. When she got up this morning, she immediately put it back on her head! I don't see it coming off any time soon!
Here's the girls modeling their new pj pants. They were so proud of the fact that they made them. I am pretty sure I could have bought pajama pants cheaper at Kohl's, but, as Jo said, the experience of doing it yourself is worth more than the pants.
Actually, it is PRICELESS! Look out, JoEllen, if there is a knock at your door soon, it may be your two newest students asking, "Have you heard the Good News?? Sewing is awesome!!"
Nothing like an evangelical!!

3 comments:

  1. Great girls! Talented and sweet. And JoEllen is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed myself as well! Got to shape my little protégés-watch out "Project Runway"

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! So happy for the girls!!! :)

    ReplyDelete