Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day

 Sometimes it really is better to give than receive. I have been bugging my husband to "help" me make a new bench for our daughter for Mother's Day. My husband is very handy, he can make or fix most anything...as long as he wants to do it!! Otherwise, he never seems to find the time for what I want done. Finally, just two days before Mother's Day, I got him to make the bench. "Mr. Safety" made sure it was made with pressure treated lumber and over bolted down for it to be secure and to last. As much as he grumbled and groaned, I think he really enjoyed making it and was pleased with the outcome.
I actually did a lot of the painting, but I was the one taking the photos so I have no proof! Beside, he prefers to let me paint first and then proceeds to go over everything I have done so it is just how he wants it!
 This is the awful bench we replaced. If you tried to sit on it, you risked falling through or perhaps the need for a tetanus shot!!
 Here is the new bench, in its new home. I love how it looks like a mini park bench. I think our daughter liked it and was happy to see the old one go away.
Here's my loves sitting outside on the new bench, which you can barely see! They all fit...for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment