Thursday, April 24, 2014

Front Row

On the side of my Facebook page, it asks, "Who's your favorite team?" Having never been a sports fan, I never understood the crazy fan mentality. At the risk of being drummed out of Orange County, the truth is, I don't care about the Lakers, the Angels, or the Ducks. The answer to who's my favorite team is "the one my grandkid is playing on." I will happily go, support them and cheer them from the sidelines. They seem to be happy to have Pa and me there.
Maddy's 3rd grade class play was today and we were second row, center, to watch the whole thing. It was such a cute story that was filled with songs and funny lines, but also a great lesson about using the correct parts of speech. I love that the teacher made sure it wasn't just some random play, but had a learning opportunity within it. They will probably remember the rules of grammar through this fun play better than by any workbook page they might do in school.
It may not have been on Broadway, but it was a play I was dying to see this week! Look at that face! Love her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment