Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday

I am a planner. I am a list maker. I am really not very spontaneous. It actually kind of rattles me. Yesterday, I received a text from my son about 2:30pm asking what I was doing that night. I said nothing. His next text said, "Well, you're going to Bon Jovi with Emily! She doesn't know yet either!" Oh boy! Here I thought my Wednesday night consisted of a hot bath and a good book.
After the initial shock wore off, I got excited. Emily arrived and we took off for the Honda Center. Getting off the freeway at the exist took over 20 minutes! There are a lot of Bon Jovi fans in Orange County and this was the only night he was here. Thank goodness Emily knew our tickets were club level and we could take a side entrance right by the elevator. There was no line and we were inside and in our seats in record time, early enough to grab a glass of wine to toast our good fortune of a Wednesday night adventure.
The concert was fantastic and we had a blast. Some songs we knew and some we didn't. Early in the evening, Jon Bon Jovi said, "I'm not gonna talk much cuz we got more hits than the Sopranos!" It was the quote of the night! He also did a spot on impersonation of Mick Jagger while singing "Start Me Up".
Watching people singing along, dancing in the aisles, laughing and hugging each other made me realize how powerful music is in our lives. Songs remind us of high school, a boyfriend breakup, friendships, a vacation we took and more. It doesn't matter what generation you are from, I think it has this effect on everyone.
Thank you, Tyler, for giving us some fun memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment