Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Here's What I Know

Today was a busy and interesting day, just the way I like it. It started off with a meeting in Dana Point at a hotel as a possible venue for a wedding I am doing next July. The couple is stationed in Afghanistan until May, so they are depending on me to be their eyes and ears for much of the preliminary planning. I appreciate the confidence they have in me to help them with these important decisions while halfway across the world.
This afternoon, I met with a woman who's husband just passed away to plan the memorial reception for this week. We discussed food, flowers, a memory table and everything to make the reception both lovely and memorable. Rush, rush, fast pace me, always makes sure I slow down and just listen when dealing with people in this situation. A few days ago, they had no idea they would be planning this event. They are usually walking in circles. You might cringe and think, "Oh, how sad!"
Here's what I know. You gather people together. You eat and drink. You laugh and you cry. You tell stories. Did I just describe the wedding or the funeral? Actually, I described BOTH! Throughout life, things happen. We pause, acknowledge that something happened here, and we celebrate it. We celebrate everything. We welcome the newest member of the family and we say goodbye to a beloved member of the family. We cling to old memories and create new ones. We share each others joy and divide each others sorrows. I am honored to help with both.
Celebrate Everything!!


No comments:

Post a Comment