Saturday, July 27, 2013

She Beat Me

Ran another 10K today with my daughter and the inevitable happened, she beat me!! It was only by a few seconds, but she did it! I am so proud of her.
We have very different views of the race. She just wants to finish and thinks that IS the accomplishment. While I agree with her, I also measure myself and check previous times and try to improve and put a lot of pressure on myself. However, with all that added pressure, I am the one who, at the end says, "Man, that was fun!!" She just looks at me like I am crazy! Maybe I am.
In today's race, I came in 3rd in my age group out of 14 women. I was the oldest person in the group running, so 3rd feels HUGE. As my runner friend, Carol, has told me, "You don't have to get faster. You just have to get older and into the next age group!"
I pray for the stamina and health to get into that next age group...and the one after that....and the one after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment