Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Halloween in July

I consider myself pretty creative, EXCEPT when it comes to sewing. I have often said, if there is a needle involved, look for the heroin!! (JK!!) Well, I can no longer make that claim.
My awesome BFF, JoEllen has been goading, egging, prodding me along for a while now to start sewing with her. Frankly, I really only said yes because I knew it meant I got to spend the day with her. We always manage to have a great time together, no matter what we are doing or where we are. Today, proved no different, except, I also learned to make a pillow. A really adorable pillow, if I do say so myself. It's Halloween in July! Jo was a patient and encouraging teacher, even after the project took hours longer than it would have taken her to do it herself. This skill does not come naturally to me. Heck, I have been known to glue gun on a button in an emergency!! We started with the basics...the VERY basics of threading the sewing machine, what a bobbin is and how it works, cutting a straight edge (that proved the hardest for me). I am not sure how much of it I will retain, but she promised me another class again soon. Laughter guaranteed.
After all, you can never have too many holiday pillows and you can teach an old dog new tricks!
Who knew?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment