Sunday, July 1, 2012

Photo 365



Well, it's official. I have taken a picture a day for the entire first six months of the year. My daughter suggested I join this group. It has been a fun and interesting way to capture events each day. Somebody nameless, (yes, you Vince!) was teasing me last weekend when we were discussing Facebook. He said, "All I know is Susan posts a picture every day." I explained the idea behind Photo 365, taking a picture, from a prompt you are given each day, and making it your own.
Why, you may ask? For many reasons, I have decided. Life moves so fast these days that sometimes we lose sight of noticing anything because it is all rushing at us with lightening speed. Taking a photo, often of a very simplistic thing (yellow, big, a friend) makes me stop and actually pay attention. When I take my picture for the day, I am fully present in NOW, not the past or the future. Most of us spend less time on the here and now, and more time thinking about the past or worrying about the future. The photo I capture is right here, right now, if only for a moment.
The photo a day also helps to satisfy the creative part of me. I always seem to have a craft project going and, I realized, I am happiest when I am immersed in one of these projects. These photos are like "mini projects" and I am, usually very satisfied with the results. Looking back over an entire month always brings a smile to my face.
Being part of our Photo Challenge group, you get to see other people's perspective of the same prompt for the daily photo. We are given the same idea, but the interpretations are as many as the people who play along. None wrong, all right and, yet, all diverse. Not a bad lesson for dealing with people in your life.
I have printed each month (as you can see) and am excited to make something (another project?!?!) at year's end with all twelve months.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment