Monday, July 18, 2011

Hot Days= Iced Coffee



The temperatures are supposed to hit triple digits in California this week, which made me think about my morning coffee. I can't imagine starting my day without my morning joe, but it is hard to drink hot coffee in sweltering temps. I have been working on the perfect cup of iced coffee and wanted to share some ideas. Iced coffee is at its best when brewed with twice the usual amount of coffee, because the coffee is diluted with the melting ice cubes.
To avoid a diluted taste, you can also use regular-strength brewed coffee and serve it over coffee ice cubes. Prepare coffee ice cubes by pouring cooled coffee into ice cube trays and freezing. Add to your coffee along with your usual cream and sugar.
These tips for iced coffee can hold you over through the rest of the summer heat and when it's fall, we have Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes to look forward to!!


No comments:

Post a Comment