Friday, July 8, 2011

Do You Really Want to Know?

At some point in time, most of us have said, "I wish I knew what my future holds. I wish I had a crystal ball." But do we really want to know? If you could jump ahead a few chapters in the book of your life, would you read it? As much as I am a total control freak, I am not so sure. As we unfold our own unique story, many things happen to us ~ both good and bad. No life is without its struggles and strife. Sometimes we look at other people and think they have it so easy or they are so lucky. Truth be told, they, too, have their challenges. My husband's favorite quote is, "Everybody's got a story." This is a simple truth.
Reading (and writing) the story of my life is a daily gift. It is not without its very ordinary time and an occasional plot twist. At times I wish I could see the future and what it holds for my family and me. Logically, I know this is not possible. The best I can do is be in the present and enjoy the story as it unfolds. I can also hope it is a long time before I read the words ~ THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment