Friday, July 15, 2011

Blogs

I had to smile this morning when I saw this cartoon in the newspaper. Even Garfield, which has been around since 1978, has gone modern and refers to blogs! Aside from being up on the current times, it also speaks to the fact that we now are given so much more information from people. Some of this information is about things that, years ago, we would have only told our closest friends. Tossing it out there in cyberspace, we are not quite sure where it lands. Sure, I can view Google Analytics and see just how many people read my blog each day, if this is their first visit or if they are a repeat reader, where they live, how long they stay on the blog, etc. Again, the modern world and its mass of information that it provides to us.
I write the blog for me, but there is a measure of satisfaction that so many are continually reading it. I write about things that have meaning for me, but it feels good to know they have meaning for others as well. Maybe the lesson is, as different as we all are, we are also very similar. We are not alone (while hiding under the couch!).

No comments:

Post a Comment