Saturday, February 5, 2022

Words


                I was relaxing today, mindlessly watching a series on Netflix and I heard someone say the best line. “I’m going now, but I’m leaving my prayers with you.” It just hit me what a wonderful sentiment that is.  What a kind and sensitive thing to say to someone! Can you imagine the goodness we could spread in this world if we all “left our prayers” with the people we encounter each day? It’s so much better than just saying goodbye. Thoughts matter and words matter even more. I have never been a fan of movie stars, but I have always had a deep respect for the people who write the words they say. The words are where the magic happens.

                Over the years, I have often said, “I appreciate it.” Lately, I have changed that to, “I appreciate you.” I have seen people’s faces light up when I say it. I have spoken my kindness directly at them. I can tell it matters. By changing that one word, I let people know that I specifically notice and care about them. I make it personal. I make it sincere. I make it about them. We all love when something is about us. I am reminded, once again, that making very small changes in our world can really have an impact, both on the giver and the receiver. It’s almost too easy. Why do we make it so hard?

                I’m going now, but I leave my prayers with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment