Monday, July 25, 2016

Camp Grammie

 Welcome to Camp Grammie!
During the summer we invite kids to come and spend a few hours with us having fun in the pool with games and races followed by lunch. I caught this photo of Maddy and thought it was pretty amazing...or maybe SHE is just amazing. Look out, junior high! Here she comes!
 We had nine kiddos this time and they were all SO GOOD!! Listening to them laugh in the pool just makes me smile.
 Of course, we had to have a few silly contests. These crazy kids are total daredevils and I sometimes cringe at what they do.
 Abbey just turns the diving board into her gymnastics platform and away she goes!
 Any good contest needs judges, complete with scoring to hold up after each contestant. They took turns doing tricks and then being a judge. Such great kids and so kind to each other. I made sure the lowest score was only a "6", so nobody got their feelings hurt. Most scored them an 8 - 10. Once Jack said, "That was such an amazing trick, I wish I had a higher number than the "10"!!!"
 Lunch was mini pizzas (rave reviews), watermelon, pretzels and fruit snacks, followed by brownies and ice cream for dessert. Nobody leaves Grammie's house hungry!!!
A big hit of the day was the many games we played with about 175 ping pong balls. We had team games and individual games. I even managed to get them to do some math by writing numbers on each ball and they had to add up what they collected to see who had the highest score. This photo is titled, "Having a ball at Camp Grammie!"
What they all don't realize is that I have as much fun as they do at Camp Grammie. Thanks to al the parents that entrust me with their kids for a few hours.
Some days are simply meant for playing!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment