Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Guess Who??

Much to my great surprise, I received an email from a lady at the Tustin Chamber of Commerce on Monday informing me that I had placed FIRST in my age group (out of 22) at the Leprechaun Leap 5K on Sunday!! She said she was sorry I wasn't on hand when they announced my name and handed out medals. She had my medal waiting in the chamber office. When I went there, she insisted on putting it around my neck which was really sweet of her, but before she did, she said she needed to see my ID because she thought I lied about my age. I couldn't be in the 60-64 age bracket!!! Ummm, okay a first place medal AND a huge complement. It made my day!!
This all proves what my dear friend, Carol, always says, "You don't have to get faster, you just have to get older and into the next age bracket!!"
Oh, Carol, you are so right!! Old broads rule!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! That is so awesome. Happy for you! It was a great day. Had tons of fun! Woo hoo! 😃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Yeah! I was sightseeing, so had no idea you get special recognition for being first, love it! Way to go Suzi!

    ReplyDelete