Monday, October 13, 2014

Mini Donuts

 If you read my blog dated Oct 1st, you saw my wonderful recipe to make pumpkin spice muffins using only TWO ingredients (a box spice cake mix and 1 small can of pumpkin). The weather here has finally dropped a bit, no longer 98 degrees but in the low 80s, so I am in full fall mode. I decided to tweak the recipe a little and turn the muffins into mini donuts.
 I bought orange frosting (actually vanilla tasting, but a beautiful, dark orange color), mini tootsie rolls and a green Wilton sugar sheet. I have never worked with sugar sheets before and let me just use one word...EASY!! They are fully edible.
You probably guessed where this was going. Mini donuts become mini pumpkins by frosting them, using a tootsie roll for the stem poked in the middle and cutting out little leaves from the sugar sheet.
My official taste testers are due here from school any minute. We'll see what they have to say and how they rate them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment