Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Scene of the Crime

It has been almost three weeks since my terrible accident during a run. Before I fell asleep last night, I told myself it was time to rerun that route and make peace with it. So many people have asked me what I stumbled on that day. Was there something on the sidewalk, something that tripped me? Surely, I didn't just fall?! I think people wanted to find a concrete (no pun intended!) reason for this accident. If it just happened, then it could happen to them as well.
I had to pass the "scene of the crime" twice, once running up Newport and again, running back down. I can't lie, running there made me overly cautious and slower than usual. Fear kept me on guard the whole run. Thanks to my Garmin GPS watch, I knew about the exact spot where I fell. Thanks to a small amount of rain we had a while ago, no blood remained! Honestly, I didn't see anything unusual in the spot that would have made me fall. Accidents happen, as they say. This was just an accident.
Running that route again felt scary and, yet, wonderful. Being persistent in anything in life will have its payoff.
The lesson I got from all this is, face your fears ~ even if it's a sidewalk!

No comments:

Post a Comment