Thursday, May 3, 2012

Big Responsibility


"Be a lamp. Be a lifeboat. Be a ladder. Help someone's sole heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd."
Not sure about you, but I don't think I have been any of these "L" words lately. This quote haunted me all during my morning errands, so much so, that when I got back to my office, I searched for it to read it once more. No less haunting...the accountability bell is ringing in my ears. Less about ME and more about THEM, whomever THEM night be.
We are all so different and yet the same. We are seeking love, acceptance, friendship. Sometimes we are the shoulder upon which someone cries and other times we are leaning on some one's shoulder. Both are good and a  necessary part of life. Shine your lamp. Make sure your boat is sea worthy. Take your ladder where ever you go. You never know when you'll need one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment