Saturday, May 26, 2012

Berry Cobbler






With thoughts of all things red, white & blue this weekend, I found this recipe for Berry Cobbler and  thought I'd share. It is really super easy. The only thing I didn't particularly like was having to dirty THREE bowls to make it! I hope you try it and love it as much as my family did for dessert last night. I suggest serving it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
INGREDIENTS
2 pints strawberries, hulled & quartered
1 pint blueberries
1 cup sugar (divided)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
6 tbsp. butter, melted
HOW TO
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, combine all berries, 1/3 cup plus 2 tsp. sugar & cornstarch. Let sit for 10 minutes. (See first photo).
2. In ANOTHER bowl, mix flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder & salt. In a THIRD bowl, stir egg, milk, vanilla & butter. (See second photo). Add dry ingredients & stir well.
3. Spread fruit mixture into an 8' x 8' pan. Top with batter mix. Bake for about 30 - 35 minutes, until top is golden brown. Cool and serve. If you don't serve right away, I suggest a "quick zap" in the microwave before adding the scoop of ice cream. YUM!!



No comments:

Post a Comment