Saturday, March 26, 2022

Sunsets



"It is almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.”

            While on a weeklong driving vacation, I told my husband that one of my goals was to capture a sunset photo each night. While this may sound easy, I mean after all, they happen every day, it proved to be a challenge. The photos above are the result of our efforts. Sometimes we stopped in a crazy spot on the side of the road, risking life and limb to grab the photo. Other nights we were lucky enough to just be where it was beautiful and an easy shot. Each one is different and yet similar. I’m not sure what the magic in a sunset is, but I am sure that each contains that magic. The beauty of the colors is part of it, but I think it contains so much hope and joy. Even if the day was not all good, ending it with a sunset proves that there is goodness in each day. The trick is to stop and notice it. Isn’t that true of so many things in our lives? Stopping and noticing is the key to finding joy.

Stop. Notice. Appreciate. Repeat.


1 comment: