Wednesday, January 23, 2013

You Rock



Yesterday was a day of errands. Like most of us, we look down at a list of "to dos" that are long and, often, boring but necessary. I decided to try and experiment throughout my day to see if what "they" say is true. You get back what you put out there.
I smiled at everyone. Most smiled back, some probably thinking "crazy lady". I let a car go first when it wasn't their turn. They probably thought, "Ha, I won!", when, actually I felt like I had won. I gave the bum outside Starbucks $5. I suggested he buy food, but he will probably buy booze ~ who cares!? I felt great in the giving.
Our words and thoughts shape our day, and the day after that and the day after that and, suddenly, they shape our life! Powerful stuff, but, I am a control freak and I realize that I get to control ME.
Now, just so you don't think, "Oh, well, sure, she had a good day because nothing really bad happened." WRONG! My husband's truck has to be fixed to the tune of $1000. I didn't get a check in the mail I was expecting. The dog nearly got run over on one of our many walks and my heart about jumped out of my chest!
It's called LIFE, people. Embrace it while you can...because I think YOU ROCK!!!
Have a great day, but make someone else feel great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment