Thursday, September 6, 2012

TP Pumpkins

Being around a creative person, makes me want to be creative. Having spent the afternoon with my MOST creative friend, JoEllen (her quilts are legendary!), I couldn't wait to get home and start a few projects I had seen for fall.

For this one, you take a roll of toilet paper and "smush" it down a bit so it doesn't have the exact look of a roll of tp.

 Next, you wrap the roll with a sheet of newspaper. For all you perfectionists out there, accept the fact, right now, this will NOT be perfect!!! It is okay, I promise.

Then, you take a piece of fabric that is approx 22" x 18". In fabric lingo, I learned today, this is called a "fat quarter". My sewing guru friend explained that they were cut and wrapped in that size and sold, however, simply buying a 1/2 yard of fabric and splitting it down the middle does the same thing for a smaller price. The half yard will make two pumpkins. You begin the same wrapping process that you did with the newspaper. Again, it's not perfect and IT IS OKAY!!!
Raid your yard (or the neighbor's) for some sticks approximately 4" or 5" long. Poke them down inside the roll. You can glue gun or not glue gun the stick as you like. They stay pretty well without gluing.

Add some ribbon and Ta-Da!!! Adorable pumpkins in minutes that will really add some fall color to your home. Gotta go and make some more! I They are so cute! I'd love to see pictures of any you make.

No comments:

Post a Comment