Monday, September 5, 2011

Project Pumpkin

OK, I admit it. I am not a good idle person. Relaxing does not come easy for me and I am happiest when I have a project going. As I was falling asleep last night, I asked my husband if he had any 4 x 4 posts that could be cut up into smaller pieces. Lucky me, the contractor usually has on hand just what I am looking for and he can take out the perfect tool to cut it for me as well.
I made this darling set of pumpkins this afternoon. I sanded, painted and embellished them in no time. I love how they came out and plan on making more. Each set will be slightly different. I love decorations for all holidays and these are going to be the latest addition to my fall collection. For some reason, I am especially looking forward to fall this year. Cooler temps, slight breezes, pumpkin spice lattes and the smell of baking in the house. I may even slow down every now and then and just relax and enjoy it!

1 comment: