Thursday, October 28, 2010

Passion

When most people hear the word "passion", I think they think of sex. Actually, passion is defined as a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything. I have met many people in my life and I can honestly say, the ones I remember the most are the ones who had a passion for something. They are interesting to be around. They create energy and excitement. They are out of the ordinary. Let's face it, most people are just that, ordinary. While there is nothing wrong with ordinary, it is not how I want to be remembered. I want to have had a passion for things that people can sense when they are around me. I want to feel more, good and bad, rather than just float through life. I see people who, I think, lack passion for anything. They are neither happy or sad; they just are. If I become a person who no longer gets really angry or really excited about things, I will know I have lost my passion for living. I can't think of a worse fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment