Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Grammie Diaries Postscript

My daughter asked me to write another entry about the weekend of babysitting as she was afraid the first night sounded so bad. I didn't think I spun it badly, just honestly. Look, there are three kids, six and under, and a puppy. It is not bad by any means, it is just VERY loud, non stop and busy. Any mother of small children will agree, it's a tough job. I don't recommend it for the faint of heart. Like anyone else, if you stop, listen and pay attention to them, even if it is silly nonsense, they blossom under your undivided attention. Close your computer, put down your iPhone, turn off the TV and just listen to them. You will be amazed at the things they think, feel and say. You may even learn something!

No comments:

Post a Comment