Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beautiful Maddy




Six years ago today, my life was changed forever. My first grandchild, Madeline Michelle Riley was born. It is a joy and love like no other. Sorry husband and kids, but it is true. Oh, they can be messy, loud and demanding, but they say the sweetest things when you least expect it and your heart just melts. Trust me, being a grand parent is NOT overrated!!!


When Maddy woke up this morning and looked outside, she found 50 pink flamingos on the front lawn with a sign saying "You've Been Flocked! Happy Birthday from Gram & Pa". I went to bed so excited, knowing my phone would ring early and I would share her delight at this silly fun. At 6:55am, the phone did ring and all three kids had to tell me what they saw and what was going on at their house. The sheer happiness in their voices was my present.


These flamingos were not my idea, but is a fund raiser for the Foothill Cheer squad this year. They come the night before, under the cloak of darkness and "plant" the flamingos. The recipient awakens to the yard full of them in the morning and then that evening, again in darkness, they remove them. What a fabulous, fun idea! Not only does it bring joy to the person you sent them to, but everyone driving by gets a smile out of it too.


Happy Birthday, dear Maddy! We love you so much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment