Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Handbags

As many of you know, I love cartoons. I think it falls under the category ~ "Many a truth is said in jest." Often, reading one makes me laugh out loud or, at the very least, pause and smile at its message. This one caught my eye because, like many women, I carry a large handbag stuffed with many things. Mine is pretty organized but still, I carry probably more things than I need to carry. When I have to condense it down to a smaller bag, say for an evening out, I am filled with anxiety. What should I leave behind? Will I need a band aid or the coupon for $5 off at Pick Up Stix?? Is lipstick enough or should I bring the lip liner pen as well? It is so much easier to just lug the whole thing rather than whittle down the contents.
Years ago, I complemented a woman on her cute purse. She informed me, rather haughtily, that is was NOT a purse, but a handbag! When I asked what was the difference, she told me "purse" is something you do with your lips. You carry handbags! Her message stuck with me as I have faithfully called them handbags ever since!
Buying a new handbag and switching over all the contents from the old one is such an exciting moment. It lets you clean out everything, start fresh, & find just the right spot for all your things. It's a new beginning, of sorts. Getting complements on your handbag can make your whole day; giving one to someone else can make theirs.
Forget Capital One ~ "What's in your wallet?" What's in your handbag??




No comments:

Post a Comment